Saturday, November 08, 2008

Beyond Limbo ... Life

When I first started this blog I was adrift, living without purpose or direction. I was quite literally living in limbo. A lot has changed since then. I moved to Sackville. I moved back to Miramichi. We launched a print edition of Bread 'n Molasses. My nieces were diagnosed with diabetes. My baby brother moved out of my parents house, got a permanent job and engaged to the girl I would have handpicked for him if I had been able to handpick. I started dating again. I fell in love. I got my heart broke. I settled all my unresolved Toronto issues finally after almost 20 years. I became actively involved in the New Brunswick community of writers. I started drinking wine ...

So much. I'm different person from who I was five years ago. I am no longer living in limbo. Now, I have defined goals and a life's purpose. I'm no longer casting the net about to see what turns up, I've got my hand on the wheel and I'm steering the ship.

It's no secret I've been a little disenchanted with Living in Limbo for the past few months. Posting to the blog has been erratic at best and without much substance. Meanwhile I have been doing a heck of a lot of writing, just not here. So I've decided the time has come to say goodbye to Limbo and hello to Kellie. This will be my last post on this blog. It's time to try something a little different.

I've moved my blog over to WordPress at www.KellieUnderhill.com and I hope you'll continue to read my posts there. Right now, it's not so different from here, a new look, some different widgets, but for me it's a new beginning that better represents my current attitude.

Mood: excited
Drinking: lady grey tea
Listening To: ham soup simmering on the stove
Hair: messy

No comments: