Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Slain

I went to bed at 8 last night. ME! In bed by 8. This simply does not happen, ever. Yesterday afternoon I was struck down by pain. Unexpected. No warning. Oh, I shouldn't say no warning, the truth is I have a seriously high tolerance for pain, there could've been warning. I never notice until it gets so bad it knocks me flat. Yesterday afternoon I started to notice myself being knocked a little flat. I'm talking about passing out from pain, which sucks big time, because even then I could probably continue, work through the thing, if I wasn't fainting. Damn my family and our proneness to faint! Bad genes. So I took my sorry ass to bed so I wouldn't fall downstairs or do anything else to hurt myself. And I laid there until almost 5 this morning trying to find some comfort as the thing spread out finding my legs, knees, ankles, toes, arms, hands, fingers. Finally things calmed down enough to sleep for a couple of hours. All those hours in bed and I feel like I've been run over by a truck. A nagging ache in my right breast bone, my left fingers, the pads of both feet, my right thigh, but I think I can function at least. I'm going out. I'm getting some Ben & Jerry's or Hagaan Daz, whichever has the more delicious flavour in my local grocer's freezer. And I'm going to curl up in my warm fuzzy blanket with a Woody Allen dvd and self-medicate . . . right after I do some of this other shit people are counting on me to do.

Mood: exasperated
Drinking: coffee
Listening To: Living Dead Girl, Rob Zombie
Hair: ponytail head

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so jealous!......not of the pain, but of the Ben & Jerry's and Woody Allen. Haven't gotten to do that in years!

Simply Kel said...

dude! the price for a day of cherry garcia and woody is tres high. only you could come up with jealousy in its wake.

Simply Kel said...

tsk. tsk. spoken like people who so totally do not have arthritis . . .