Friday, June 13, 2008

Bday Weekend Celebrations Begin

On Sunday (Father's Day) I celebrate my birthday. I was born on Father's Day so it's always fitting somehow when the dates line up again. We had planned a Sex and the City party for Saturday night to celebrate (which would have been so freaking fabulous!) but then Empire Theatres announced their weekend schedule and lo and behold the movie wasn't being held over another week. Bummer! So then the scramble started to make other plans.

As a result last night one of my sisters, a friend and myself went to see the movie, tonight my other sister, myself and hopefully some other friends are going out for pub food and cocktails. It's not exactly the weekend I had envisioned but that's okay.

The clothes and the shoes in the movie were fabulous! I love, love, loved the wardrobe! I liked the movie. I will likely buy it on dvd and definitely go see another if they make one. The Miranda/Steve storyline had me tearing up a few times. I don't want to say too much in case you haven't seen it yet, but ... the Carrie/Big storyline kind of didn't do it for me. I felt their ending was rushed and unrealistic. It felt underdeveloped or something. But this is no way ruined the fabulousness of the film for me. I loved it! Flaws and all! If it was still playing I'd go see it again tonight. I mean the shoes for godsake are worth the price of admission.

Mood: cheerful
Drinking: black coffee
Listening To: the washer spinning
Hair: bed head

2 comments:

David said...

So glad you enjoyed the movie and the start of your bday celebrations. Have a great day and enjoy your celebrations.
David

Wandering Coyote said...

Just wanted to say hi and thank you for "coming out" so to speak on my blog. I always love to hear from new people! I'll add your site to my feed reader so I can keep up!