Monday, August 11, 2008

Men Are Like Lightbulbs

You just keep screwing them until you find the right one. They tend to burn out with time. All of them are not equally as bright ... Thanks, Swingers!

It's not over until the fat lady tries to strangle you. Ha!

And that's all I'm saying about that.

***

Yesterday was one of those glorious fall-like days with sunshine and cool breezes that make me feel reborn. I needed a day like that. Badly. I've been a little off. All summer. Since before summer even. But no more! I'm back! And I mean business! This week I'm going to take time to do goal setting. Real goal setting. I need to check in and remind myself of the goals I set out with at the beginning of this year. I need to look at my list of 101 things and see if they're still relevant to my life. I need to ask myself what I want and nail down some solid answers. This week I'm focused on seizing control of my life. I feel like I've stepped to the sidelines and been willing to just accept whatever happens, rather than make what I want to happen. I've been without direction, wandering aimlessly, dealing rather than seeking or creating. But no more. Sunday morning I was reborn and also reconnected with the me I used to be--the me I was when I first moved back to Miramichi, the happy me who had a direction and a purpose, the me filled with gratitude and love. I know things are not right in my universe when I'm not blogging everyday. And I haven't been blogging everyday all summer. But that's changing starting today. I'm back! And I'm better than ever!

Mood: energized
Drinking: coffee
Listening To: boats chugging past on the water
Hair: tousled

No comments: