Monday, January 17, 2005

The First Day of the Rest of Your Life

Today is the first day of a three month contract I've signed with myself to eat better and exercise. So far so good. While my arthritis is generally better in the winter with the dry cold and only flares when we have a thaw, spring and summer and even fall can be a real pain in the butt, it helps if I'm in pretty good shape going in. My goal is to drop at least one size too in the three months, which doesn't seem unrealistic at all. If I stay committed I should be able to do that quite easily and even more. I'm focused on inches, not pounds, so I took all my measurements this morning . . . scary stuff :-)

In other news, we had a surprise birthday party for Jenn on Friday night. It was a pretty good time and she was totally surprised. She had absolutely no clue . . . even after we all yelled surprise and freaked her out she really didn't get what was going on. Lots of people showed up. We had cake with ice cream and various munchies. Played charades, Scene It, and a drinking game called I Have Never. I didn't get to bed until well after 4am. And that's that, the last of the parties and things until spring. Time to get down to business and focus on work and writing and saving money and all that fun stuff.

Mood: Driven
Drinking: Tea
Listening To: Knock on Wood, 54 Soundtrack
Hair: A friggin' mess!

No comments: