Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Ghost Town

It is not just my house that's quiet. Out on the runaround today I couldn't help but notice how quiet it is -- I could hear dogs barking on the other side of town. There is NOBODY out there! Seriously. Downtown was dead. I'm so used to the insanity of last minute Christmas shopping in Miramichi, but here I circled the Jean Coutu on my own, no line at the post office, very few cars parked on the street or in the parking lots . . . it's just weird! No traffic on Salem. Houses totally dark on all sides of me. It's like I'm the last one here.

Mood: boppy
Drinking: diet coke because it was on sale and i've given up wine
Listening To: You DO NOT even wanna know
Hair: attention garnering

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Umm.....Did you just say that you gave up wine?

Simply Kel said...

AHA! Just checking to see if anyone's reading. A test. You passed! Of course I haven't really given up wine. That would be silly.