Sunday, January 15, 2006

Another Saturday Six

From Patrick's Weekender.

1. Do you generally tend to be early, late or right on time?
It varies from all extremes, I'll be super early sometimes and super late at other times. But no matter when I arrive, my natural tendency is to run late, rush around like a crazy person. I think I'd always be late if I weren't so willing to just say fuck it and leave.

2. Did you belong to any clubs in high school? If so, which did you value the most?
I was in drama, public speaking, yearbook and radio. Drama was by far the one I valued the most. Going to the drama festival was the highlight of the school year. The upside to doing those things was getting pulled from regular classes. Grad year I was hardly ever in class.

3. Where was your favorite place to hang out when you were in high school? How often were you there and were you usually with friends or alone?
Hmm, not sure what this means, during school hours? In my spare time? During school hours you were most likely to find me in the office. Seriously, I used to be there so much I was answering the phone, sorting the mail and handing out absentee slips. The guidance counsellor's office was in the main office, and I spent a lot of time there with university calendars. We kept our ice cream freezer in the office. We sold ice cream at noon to raise money for drama. We also kept our chocolate bars there that we sold at sporting events to raise money for drama. And we had an office space there for the yearbook. Plus those times I got hauled in for misbehavin'. Yeah, as bizarre as it seems, most likely found in the office. Off school property, it's difficult to say . . . riding in cars with boys I guess.

4. Take this quiz (if you haven't already!): What chess piece are you? (Thanks to Charles.)

A White Bishop

You scored 1 Power-Finesse, 3 Leader-Follower, 3 Unique-Ordinary, and 3 Offense-Defense!

Despite your unusual talents, you are often overlooked by your
opponent. You are content to stay off to one side, allowing the
bloodbath to ensue. Occasionally however, you end up in the scrum
yourself, slaughtering the unbelievers. You don't last long when you do
that, though. After all, what are the sheep for if not to be shorn? One
unfortunate fact: No matter how hard you try, you can only reach half
the squares on the board.



My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 1% on Power-Finesse
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 58% on Leader-Follower
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 38% on Unique-Ordinary
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 57% on Offense-Defense

Link: The What Chess Piece Are You Test written by Gundark27 on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the 32-Type Dating Test

5. When is the last time you played a board game and what game did you play? Did you win?
At Jenn's at Christmas we had the annual game night, but we were too wiped to play. We tried a few different games, but other than Friends I can't even recall everything we tried. It's safe to bet I wasn't going to win anything at the Friends boardgame.

6. You're called to serve on a jury. Would you rather sit on a capital murder case, a personal injury case, a wrongful death suit or a drunk driving case, and why?
Going to court, covering the trial beat, was one of the more memorable parts of journalism school. I liked watching trials, reporting on the proceedings. Inquest court on the other hand bored the crap out of me. So if I was on a jury and having to pay attention to every detail and make a decision, I'd want a fascinating subject, and probably anyone of those would suffice but if I had to choose I think I'd choose the murder case. Hypothetically at least.

Mood: shaky
Drinking: coffee, black
Listening To: Crazy, Alanis Morrissette
Hair: needing an intervention

No comments: