Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Little Miss Sunshine

And we're back in action. I finally got internet yesterday around 5pm. Aliant mishaps, they're not just a myth. I was disconnected twice when I called them to get things switched over. So, the initial information they gave me got changed from the first call to the third. It's a cold grey day here, low ceiling, with the smoke off the mills flattening out around them. Sitting at my computer I can see the Morrissey Bridge, the Frank McKenna Bridge, Chatham Head, and Nelson. If I lean forward just a bit I can see the Ritchie Wharf and Newcastle Downtown. If I lean back I can see the hospital, the Centennial Bridge, St. Michael's Basilica, and Chatham Downtown. There's a bird flying low, skimming the river ice, just this side of centre. I wouldn't think there'd be much food out there. On Sunday a constant stream of snowmobiles raced past. There are some thin patches in the ice, it looks like, but I guess it's thick enough for cars and heavy equipment, let alone a few snowmobiles.

I have been going to bed early and getting up even earlier here. We arrived Saturday afternoon. Sisters and boys stayed to reassemble furniture and then left around supper time. I was pretty beat, but I did a little unpacking Saturday night. Mostly I just did the dance of joy and stared out my window at the town lights. I tried to watch The Machinist, but soon drifted off on the futon. Sunday morning I woke up at 6:45 and started putting my house together. I went to bed at 8:30 Sunday night. I can't remember the last time I did that when I wasn't sick. I woke at 6 Monday morning. Asleep by 10:30 Monday night, up at 4:30 yesterday morning. Asleep by 9:30 last night and up at 7 this morning. I could've gotten up even earlier, but it was too darn cold to get out of bed. And it's cloudy, so I knew I wasn't going to get to see a sunrise. That's what I've been doing these mornings. Worshipping the sunrise and writing. It's pretty darn fabulous!

Last night I put on some jazz, turned the lights off, lit candles, filled the tub, poured a glass of wine and soaked for a half hour. I can't remember the last time I did that! Have I ever done that? I always wanted to, I know. I should make this a weekly ritual or something. I was feeling a bit knotted, feeling a little worry and stress creeping back in, but it all went down the drain with the bath water. I need to get some sea salt and cleanse my aura. I never knew how much I missed having a tub!

I don't have tv here. No channels. And I'm going to keep it that way, at least for a time. I've got plenty of dvds and lots of music and books and internet, so I don't think I need tv. I'll find creative ways to fill mind-numbing tv time. Though Cornonation Street will be missed and I wince everytime someone mentions Amazing Race All-Stars, but other than that, I'm okay. Maybe there's a pub or a restaurant or someplace that will watch Amazing Race All-Stars and I can just go there every week.

Today, I am going to the Mighty office for a BnM meeting. April issue is going to be awesome. Some great submissions in for it. This is when it all finally comes together and I get on track. I can feel it.

And now I'm off to get dressed and ready to leave. I love, love, love my new digs! I'm the most well-rested, unstressed and emotionally healthy I have been in ages. So far, this has been the best move.

Mood: joyous
Drinking: russian tea, black
Listening To: fingers on keyboard and little else, it's a quiet building
Hair: recently razored by moi

No comments: