Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Contact!

So I found a sister and my brother called me, I'm good to go! My brother and I are going to go downtown to the parade this afternoon and then to Ritchie Wharf for awhile. His girlfriend has to work until 4pm, so he's kinda on his own today too. It'll be nice to get out for a bit and take in some of the festivities. Last year I went to Blackville and didn't get to do anything around here, so this is a first.

I have to say I'm feeling really good today. Really, really, really good! Yesterday I had my third training session, upper body for the second time plus cardio. Today I'm not even really sore, which is fabulous. I walked to the session and home again, did 25 minutes on the treadmill. Stacy phoned and she was coming into town to return a movie and wanted to make the most of the trip so we went for a walk at the cove and then grocery shopping at Sobey's in Douglastown. I finished the day with 10,623 steps. I was physically tired when I dropped into bed last night. That always feels good.

I bought some good groceries, all healthy stuff. My one indulgence was hot chocolate (which totally satisfies any urge I have for something sweet) and even then I did not buy the super duper gourmet kind but rather the Compliments blue brand with 40% less calories. Spent a whopping amount of money on food though and didn't seem to come home with much. That would be the cost of buying meat. I got some t-bones, Maple Leaf prime boneless skinless chicken, and boneless skinless turkey breast. I also got some meatless burgers, just because I do love them and they can fill a protein gap at lunchtime pretty darn quick.

And now I'm off to ready for an excursion! Happy Canada Day, folks!

Mood: chipper
Drinking: coffee, black, and water
Listening To: buddy wandering around upstairs
Hair: still headbanded

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hope you and Lee had a great afternoon!