Monday, June 07, 2004

A New Week Dawns . . .

And I'm in better spirits! I'm a happy camper. Sometimes I wonder about mental illness, hormonal deficiencies, etc. Bi-polar and manic depressive are just a couple of terms I toss around. My mood swings are pretty wicked. I'll be down in the dumps, the lowest of low every day for a month and then suddenly I'm singing and dancing and floating on a cloud. The happiness might last six weeks and then I'll get angry. And I'm not talking about a little flash of anger that pops in unexpectedly and disappears just as suddenly as it came. I'm talking about a slow burn, a deep simmer, where I travel around for weeks on the brink of catastrophic explosion.

I think these mood shifts might have something to do with my cycle . . . but I don't know. The moods come and go and last for such a long time, that mental illness sometimes seems to be the more logical answer. It's certainly way beyond a little PMS.

At any rate, this week I'm out of the dumps and into the high spirits. This is a week where I'll work tons and do laundry and exercise religiously and finish books and go places and do things . . . and all with a big grin. Why can't every week be like this one? I don't know.

All I know is that I plan to enjoy this brief respite to the fullest. Have a great week! I know I'm going to.

Mood: Soaring? Crazy? Fucked if I know the difference
Listening to: Soul Surrender, Mike Echlin
Drinking: the usual
Hair: Getting long

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kellie - hope you are feeling better. How'd you find my music?

-Mike E.

Simply Kel said...

I am. Thanks. I've been trying to remember exactly how I ran across your tunes, but I can't remember. Sorry. I like them though! :-)