Thursday, August 24, 2006

Crash & Burn

Sunday evening on a tea and chocolate break from an intense flurry of work activity my computer sputtered beside me and went black. Yes, the black screen of death came calling and my pc answered. I knew this wasn't good. Tuesday evening my boss picked me up to bring me and my dark hard drive back to the river for revitalization. Sadly, the computer did not pull through. I lost all my data. All the submissions for bnm, all the submissions for nb ink, all my email addresses and bookmarks, all my creative writing, all my music, my life as I know it. Some stuff can be salvaged from hard copies, discs and dvds. Some stuff is gone forever. I feel resigned. I feel like a purging was forced upon me. I feel like I was supposed to start over with a clean slate. Tear it down and build it better. Still, it's a shock. Yes, backing up is a good idea. So send me a link to your blog or website so I can find you again. Email me and let me know how to get in touch because I've lost your address and don't have many memorized in this old brain of mine. Send me anything you sent me before that I might need. Not sure how long I'll be on the Miramichi. Maybe I'll see you while I'm here.

Mood: tired
Drinking: king cole tea
Listening To: ticking clock
Hair: mother says my bangs are too long

3 comments:

Blackcat35 said...

A clean slate.Could be interesting.Kind of scary too I bet.Good luck with getting everything back.I'll email you with my info.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, the computer user's biggest fear, at least mine for sure. I'm really sorry to hear what happened, that sucks:(

Simply Kel said...

It has indeed sucked. Slowly but surely digging my way out of the hole.