Saturday, January 20, 2007

A Meme Day

Because I'm feeling very uninspired, uncreative and just plain lazy.

If moolah were not an object...

1. ... what computer would you buy?
MacBook Pro

2. ... what cell phone would you want to have?
None. I hate cellphones.

3. ... what vehicle would you own?
Limo and driver.

4. ... which one designer would you get a whole new wardrobe from?
Versace

5. ... what charity would you support for life?
Diabetes

*****

Which television shows do you just refuse to miss?
Right now . . . only Cornation Street. I'm sorry, but I'm just not hooked on anything really. All the ones I was following have ended their seasons.

Who did you last speak to on the telephone?
The Sears Lady

How many pillows do you keep on your bed?
Three . . . and I need to get more

Name one addition to your computer (software, hardware, etc.) that you'd love to have.
DVD player/burner

What is your favorite foreign food?
Oh boy! I love so much, this is tough . . . Anything curried, anything with rice

*****

Are you fascinated by any particular culture of another country? What about it grabs your attention?
I'm fascinated by Italy, in particular the art, food, wine, history. The Romans are an ancient civilization. There is just so much there. Though I've heard Rome is no city for a Canadian girl on her own. I am more drawn to Florence and vineyards and cobble-stoned villages in the countryside, than the big city. Though I want to see all of it.

Have you been able to visit that area?
Not yet, but I have a plan to get there one day.

I am coming to your area. Name 3 things I should do or visit and why?
This is hard because I don't even know this area very well myself. But when in Sackville, you must visit:

1. The Olive Branch Restaurant -- because they simply make the best cheesecake. They also have a good wine selection and some great single malts and cocktails. I've never had a pizza there (MY GOD! I need to do that and soon!) but they do a whole grain crust and you get to build your own with some interesting sauces and toppings.

2. The Waterfowl Park -- because plopped right into the middle of the town is this beautiful slice of nature. Many kilometres of hiking trails and boardwalks through marshland where you'll see birds you've never seen before, and lots of them! Also the odd muskrat, beaver, snake, insects, and who knows what else. In the evening the air over the marsh blackens with bats, and you may see a ghost walking with her lamp.

3. Mount Allison University -- Ok, this is a bit of a cheat so that I can mention many things you should see like the Swan Pond, the Owens Art Gallery, and the university Chapel. Just walking around the university grounds is very nice because it is one of the most beautiful universities I've seen. Much, much nicer than the two in Fredericton.

Honourable Mentions (I know, I'm probably not allowed) -- Mel's Diner, The Bridge Street Cafe, The Marshland's Inn, The Vogue Theatre, Rags of Time Bookstore, Salvation Army Thrift Store, Sackville Harness Shop, Movie Experts, The Craft Gallery, Struts Artist Run Centre . . . just come see everything, okay.

If you could visit any 3 places in your own country, where would you go and why?
1. St. John's, Newfoundland -- because I've never been and I don't know that I'll ever have an excuse to go. But I've met a lot of people from there who are just so wonderful, and I've read so much literature that I love written by Newfoundlanders.
2. Dawson City, Yukon -- Home of Pierre Burton. Need I say more. It's cold, it's out of the way, it's not over-populated . . . this is a Kellie town if ever there was.
3. Banff, Alberta -- Again, I've never been and I just think I would be inspired there. Who knows, I may even give skiing another shot . . . NOT! :-) But I know it's very beautiful and it's an artistic/cultural kind of mecca, so I would like to go one day, even to take a workshop through the Banff Centre.

*****

Name seven celebrities whom you'd be happy to go a year without hearing another word about.

1. Britney Spears
2. Paris Hilton
3. Lindsey Lohan
4. Nicole Ritchie
5. Victoria Beckham
6. Tom Cruise
7. The Olsen Twins

And many, many more!

Mood: blah-zay
Drinking: what do you think?
Listening To: i'm off tunes for awhile i think
Hair: needs a make-over

No comments: