Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Nobody Does It Better

Hello Kellie!
Your Quit Date is: Friday, May 10, 2002 at 12:30:00 PM
Time Smoke-Free: 1705 days, 18 hours, 34 minutes and 8 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked: 42644
Lifetime Saved: 10 months, 25 days, 18 hours
Money Saved: $17,060.00


Wow! I'm almost to the five year mark on my quitting smoking thing. WOW! Sometimes I just have to give my head a shake and wonder who the hell this person is that I've become. I am a non-smoker. Me! Had we been taking bets 10 years ago on who was most likely to NEVER quit smoking EVER, a lot of cash would've been dropped on me. I likely would have bet against myself. So every time my quit date anniversary comes up I really stop to take a moment and pat myself on the back, because damn if I don't deserve it!

It remains the hardest thing I've ever done.

In moments of weakness, when I look at my struggling fat ass in the mirror and think about how easy it would be to just light up and grow thin again, I take strength from the fact that I've already accomplished the most difficult thing, which was throwing the butts away forever, but I'm not yet out of recovery. The road is long and I'm still on it, still slugging away at it daily, so that one day I will wake up and be a healthy balanced person. Real change takes time. Every day I make small choices that make a difference.

Mood: buoyant
Drinking: coffee with cream
Listening To: Gwen Stefani's new video
Hair: still attached at the roots

No comments: