Wednesday, August 22, 2007

New Addictions

I am addicted to Wasa Multigrain Crispbread. They are fantabulous!! And I'm not even kidding. I had tried the Ryvita Dark Rye Crispbread before but found it lacking. I wasn't that impressed. So then right before I took off to Barnbonia I had purchased the Wasa brand. Then I went off the deep end into the pit of burgers, nachos, fried chicken, french fries, ketchup chips, Rolo ice cream . . . you get the idea. I still haven't gone for groceries, haven't restocked a healthy larder here. I should be saving the Wasa for a healthy day! But I can't help myself. I love, love, love them! I spread them with peanut butter and enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or rooibos tea. They never go soggy. And they are totally yummy. Products like those make eating healthy easy.

Save the cheerleader, save the world. WOW! Just a few episodes and I am totally addicted to Heroes. I think Season One came out on DVD yesterday or maybe it's next week, but if you didn't get to see this during the regular season, you must get caught up before Season Two begins! I can't stop watching. The cliffhanger endings are going to be the death of me. I love the Japanese guys. I've been watching online, which you can also do if you have high-speed. There are only a few tv shows that I'd consider buying on dvd, and mostly they're sitcoms, like Seinfeld, Frasier and Friends, stuff that never gets old and you love to watch repeatedly, but Heroes, much like Lost, is one show where I would love to get hold of the extras, watch and analyze upside down right side up and sideways. I'm almost ready to turn comic book geek . . . almost.

I desperately want a pedometer. Studies show that people who focus on upping their steps to at least 10,000 per day have more success at maintaining an active lifestyle than people who focus on minutes or distance. So I want a pedometer. I've wanted one for awhile. My mom bought me one at the Dollar Store, but surprise surprise it really doesn't work. Then she gave me hers, which was an expensive good one back in the day . . . but it only measures in kilometres. So I want a good pedometer that's not going to break the bank. I'm not real sure what I'm looking for, which brands are good, what features are important . . . any thoughts? Anybody? I want to become addicted to movement. It's a thought.

Mood: in withdrawal
Drinking: coffee
Listening To: the dryer tumbling my jeans
Hair: still pulled back out of the way

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Welcome to Heroes!! Watched it all last year...one of the few shows that I cannot wait to start up in Fall & even do not mind watching re-runs of.

Simply Kel said...

I'm on like episode 17 or something. When I finish Heroes I think I'm going to see about getting caught up on Lost.

Unknown said...

walkingspree.com - best pedometer EVER. Sure, it hoosk up to your computer and you gwet online help, that's totally a bonus. It;s way cool though, and it *is* a really good pedometoer. you can hang it around your neck or stick it in your pocket and it is still accurate.
It;s also a woman-run company by a gal I know who used to live on the river and is now in Freddy town.

(Okay, I wrote a couple articles for them too, but it's *REALLY GOOD*)