Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The Calming Light

"Good for the body is the work of the body, good for the soul is the work of the soul, and good for either is the work of the other." --Henry David Thoreau


Thoreau remains one of my faves.

I'm interested in meditation, visualization, yoga. I found a great website where they have daily yoga classes for beginners through to advanced. A new class every morning, about an hour long. I haven't started doing them yet. But I have the site bookmarked in my blog favourites so I am reminded of it everyday I go read other people's blogs. It's an hour long commitment, and I'm already committing about an hour and a half to walking, and another hour to personal development, so even though I know the benefit is there, it's gonna take a little convincing to get me in there I think. I need to warm up to the idea. I've only found this site a few days ago, late last week. Baby steps.

It's good to be home after Thanksgiving weekend. In retrospect I shouldn't have gone. I am absolutely dreading having to go up home again this weekend now. I am starting to think maybe I'll just go for the reading and come right back home again. I might be able to work that. Yes, I already purchased theatre and dance tickets, but . . . I dunno. What can I say? I like being home. I like sleeping in my own bed. I like being in charge of my own destiny and not having to rely on anyone else. I like being able to go wherever I want when I want. And I can't do that in the woods. There are wild animals and everything is too far away.

And there's a book launch Friday evening that I've been looking so forward to. I was devastated to find out it's happening this Friday night and I mightn't be able to go. I don't know how I'm supposed to go that and get to Blackville for the reading on Saturday. That whole thing has done nothing but piss me off since I agreed to do it. What does that say? Never freaking again. That's what.

In brighter news I am down 8 pounds since this time last week. Yeah, that's a lot, and I know it's almost entirely water weight, and the shock of a KFC-less existence. Still, it was nice to see it go so quickly, because when I stepped on the scales last week I was mortified to see the ravages of summer on my numbers. It was much, much, worse than anything I had imagined. So, to shed so quickly kinda means it wasn't real. You know, it's not holding on for dear life or anything. Whoosh! Bygones! Begin again. Of course, we'll have to wait and see what this week brings, before we start celebrating.

Mood: not bad
Drinking: coffee
Listening To: just me
Hair: perhaps about to be butchered

1 comment:

cleanspirit said...

Congrats on 8 down!!