Monday, April 14, 2008

I am a Passenger

Watched a good documentary last night about the birth and evolution of punk rock. I was born just a bit too late, so I didn't get into Iggy Pop, The Sex Pistols, The Clash or even The Ramones until way after the fact. I'm trying to think of who put me onto them but I don't know, I think I just discovered them on my own. The only boyfriend who would have leaned that way at all would have been K and he was more Zeppelin and Hendrix, Supertramp and Bowie. MB had a copy of the movie Sid & Nancy but it seemed like she knew somebody who had been in it or something, not that she was a big Sid Vicious fan. Anyway, it was a good documentary. Dad didn't appreciate it! :-) But I found it interesting.

So I spent the weekend upriver. Went to a friends place Friday night, where I drank WAY too much wine . . . like WAY. I can't remember the last time I drank that much. It's been a long time. And it'll be a long time before I do it again. A glass or two is freaking plenty. I felt a little shaky all day Saturday. Had a good time though, well other than having to call 911 in the wee hours and having the ambulance come. But even that was a bit of an adventure, certainly another story to add our collection. But you know the party is over when the 911 call goes out. Luckily, nobody was seriously hurt. So now we can look back on it and laugh.

Saturday I just lazed around all day, nursing a hang-over. Watched movies with Dad. I actually got him to sit through Clerks II. He thought it was the stupidest movie ever, but he didn't get up and leave and he laughed quite a bit, so . . . there you go. We also watched White Oleander. Dad taped that one off PVR and I had never seen it, though I read the book. It wasn't bad.

Sunday was Nick's bath day. It went okay. He did not want to get into the tub, but he stayed there once I picked him up and put him in. He whined and trembled the whole time, but afterward he felt great, crazy frisky, and he certainly smelled better. Mom's gonna try to clip him more now and in about 6 weeks time or so I'll bath him again. The beast just has so much freaking hair. Next time I'll try to do it outside. He can't come live with me, so it's important to keep him in Mom's good graces . . . she sometimes threatens to put him to sleep :-(

So it was a pretty good weekend overall. Time to settle in and get back to work now.

Mood: sleepy
Drinking: coffee, black
Listening To: come sail away, styx
Hair: un-everything

1 comment:

Blackcat35 said...

When can we do it again,lol.