Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Thunderstruck

Ten degrees at 9am. High of 18 predicted for today. Chance of thundershowers in the forecast. Despite all the rumours to the contrary, summer is really going to come! Last night was one of those gorgeous nights, not too cold, calm, no bugs, not too dark . . . I could have stayed out all night when Nick and I went for his bedtime walk about. It was one of those nights that take me back and make me crave cigarettes and beer. I seem like I've been craving cigarettes and beer an awful lot this past month. Hopefully, it's just a phase I'm going through and it will end soon, without consequence.

So yes, I was up home again last night. I'll be around there a fair bit over the next two weeks as we prepare for the play on the 24th. Practice! Practice! Practice! I totally forgot how much fun plays were.

Yesterday Darlene's Tea House opened for the season, so we went for supper. It was yummy! I had the grilled chicken breast dinner with baked potato, a glass of red wine, and the gingerbread for dessert. Can you say STUFFED?! It was very good. I'm hoping some night next week I can get up to try Rae's new restaurant in Blackville. Hearing lots of good things about it too.

I took some time earlier this morning to update my 101 in 1001 list. Time is running out on that one! I'm noticing some of my priorities have changed though. Some things no longer seem important. I guess when time runs out, maybe I'll make another list. Or maybe I'll make a bucket list.

Mood: cheerful
Drinking: coffee
Listening To: dirty deeds done dirt cheap, ac/dc
Hair: just blonde enough

No comments: