Monday, March 27, 2006

Back On the Ball

The thing about going away for weeks on end is the disorientation when you return. It takes a few days to get back into routine. And I seem like I get so very tired when I'm away, I could sleep non-stop for days, just lay around and veg the rest of the time when I'm not sleeping. But of course I've too much to do, no time for lounging. I've got to get back on the ball, and quickly. If I knew what zaps the life out of me, I'd change some things on future trips, but I'm totally in the dark, not a clue. All I know is that I can't stop yawning.

This time it's quite possible I caught a bug from Paulina, some sort of thing going around the school making them listless (mono?) because all week I couldn't keep my eyes open past midnight even, which is not the norm. One night I went to bed early and slept late, stayed in bed for 16 hours! How crazy is that?! Even for me, that's excessive, sleeping in that late usually means I haven't gone to bed until after dawn, so yeah I'm wondering if I've got a bug. Which brings me back to the Medicare issue again (keeps rearing its head), yes, I need to get a replacement card. Somehow this must filter to the top of my list.

I'd write more, tell you what happened while I was away, and more . . . but I'm all fogged in. Maybe if I go outside, walk around a bit in this fabulous day, maybe then I'll snap out of it.

Mood: tuckered
Drinking: coffee
Listening To: One Headlight, The Wallflowers
Hair: headbanded circa 1950's

No comments: