Saturday, March 04, 2006

Mewsik

Believe I've been tagged by Liz.

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

Ok. This is super duper difficult. How to narrow a list to just 7?! It baffles me. Soooo, let's open iTunes, hit random and see what turns up . . .

Ride Cowboy Ride, Bon Jovi, live acoustic version. Yes, this bunch come to the top a lot of the time. I like 'em, what more can I say?

Someday You Will Be Loved, Death Cab for Cutie, Plans album.
I've been listening to this band a lot while I'm working. In particular they're good when I'm writing it seems. Their stuff is good soundtrack for your life music. Good thinking stuff.

Higher Learner, Sam Roberts, We Were Born in a Flame album. None of my friends had even heard of Sam Roberts when I first started listening to him. Now Sherry and I are going to see him play live next week. The thing about Sam Roberts is that no matter what I'm doing, his music makes me stop (or want to stop) raise my hands and move to the music. Slow or fast, no difference. I feel his music.

All Because of You, U2, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb album. I so regret I didn't make more effort to go see them in Toronto last year. U2 are classic, timeless. This is one of their latest but I truly love all of it, from the beginning.

I See A Darkness, Johnny Cash, American III album. I've been listening to a lot of Johnny Cash since seeing Walk the Line. In particular, I love this album of covers from bands like Nine Inch Nails. But I've rediscovered a lot of the classic Cash too.

Testify, Rage Against the Machine, unplugged and rare.
Zach gets a lot of play here whether with Rage or other solo projects. Whenever I need resolve, determination, I find it here.

Love Calls You By Your Name, Leonard Cohen, Songs of Love and Hate album. I mean what can I possibly say about Leonard. I just think he's the coolest ever.

And that's seven, but it's not even a glimpse into the library.

Tagging . . .
I don't even know 7 bloggers . . .
Tagging anybody who wants it.

Mood: philosophical
Drinking: coffee with cream
Listening To: You Know You're Right, Nirvana
Hair: off my face

No comments: