Monday, October 30, 2006

Back Home Weather

Still windy. Hail warning, though sun's out at the moment. Another party in my dreams last night. This one not at that same club though. A house party maybe. Perhaps inspired by the house party I am to attend this weekend for my brother-in-law's birthday. I know it's on my mind. Having to find some entertaining (but not done to death at past parties) games. Having to find time to cook something for a pot luck affair in the middle of insane crazy day. And of course the boy is turning 40. Wow! We are growing up. I guess. Well, he certainly has. He's still got a few years on me though, so maybe there's hope for me yet. Perhaps I'm making progress. I get all melancholy when I think back to when I first met my brother-in-law. I think I was 13. Perhaps 14. Though no older. I think I met him the late spring just before my 14th birthday, or early summer just after. It was the first time I got drunk on Hermit's Wine. We drank wine and ate white peppermints and told silly jokes and laughed and had a good time. Months later, in late fall, we became friends. And we've been ever since. It was unexpected, but completely logical that he should be family now. And we're having a party. He doesn't know. Don't tell him, okay? He said he didn't want a party. This worries me a bit. Just a smidge. He could balk. We'll see. At least it's not going to be a total surprise party like we did one year for my sister. That freaked her out big time! We learned a lesson there.

Mood: achy joints
Drinking: coffee with cream (the almost last of the Mexican Morning)
Listening To: Train from Kansas City, Neko Case (this is as country as I get)
Hair: something's gotta give

No comments: