Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Bored & Gorgeous

My phone rang at 7:50 this morning. I let it ring a few times, thought about not getting up to answer it, wondered who the hell would call me before 8 o'clock, and it rang and rang. Finally I thought it could only be an emergency because nobody I know would call me so early unless it was life or death and only people I know would let the phone ring so effing long because they'd assume they were waking me up. So I jumped up, panicked, to answer it. Just a man I know, an acquaintance, phones me every few months to touch base, early riser, hadn't noticed the time. Which normally would piss me off big time, to be so abruptly injected into my morning, but he's one of those cheery good natured positive spirits who always brings a smile to my face, so it actually wasn't that nasty a way to arise.

So I had lots of time to sort and clean my garbage for the first collection since the recycling started, which took about an hour this morning, but won't take that long next week because I wasn't set up before and now I am. Have blue and green transparent bags in various sizes, two bins in the kitchen, I'm good to go.

Had a pretty good weekend in Fredtown. The reading went well. Visited with peeps. It's all good. Heading out again this Friday for Thanksgiving with family at the old homestead. Looking forward to that. On the train ride home yesterday, a bunch of people were coming back from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers concert. They were playing a game like Act One (is that what it's called?). The girl said her mom got it at Wal-Mart. I wanted to play. I had to bite my tongue a few times, especially for older tv shows. At one point the clue-giver was singing the theme song for Laverne & Shirley and nobody knew what it was from. And it wasn't like it was on the tip of their tongue and they just couldn't spit it out, they didn't recognize it at all. And they didn't know Na-noo, na-noo from Mork & Mindy. Maybe we should play a game like this at our Thanksgiving get-together? Jenn? Have you got all the cards memorized?

Mood: i might live
Drinking: coffee, the new cheapo maker doesn't keep the coffee as hot as i'd like
Listening To: Indie Rock 'n Roll, The Killers (demo)
Hair: in my eyes

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I don't know if I have ALL the cards memorized...but you know I love to play. What about your DVD games? Too big to bring on the train?

Simply Kel said...

We shall see. We shall see. Definitely in a game-like mood tho.