Saturday, December 23, 2006

Call Me When You're Sober

This is me, up early, so not ready to leave later today. It's difficult to pack a work life for so many days away, without the aid of a laptop . . . or even a computer at the other end at all. Challenging. Oh well. I'm not complaining. Finally! I'm going to get a little bit of Christmas!

This Evanescence song grows on me. (See post title.) At first I didn't really care for it, but I'm coming around.

So I switched to the new blogger . . . need to fix my template, update my profile, etc. I lost some stuff. Well, it's around, not lost, just not visible.

Watched the movie 8 Mile on Much Music last night. I had never seen it before. It's not the same seeing it on Much because it's highly censored for kids viewing. It was okay. Typical. But okay.

How to pack? That is the question at hand. The last of the clothes spin in the dryer. Gifts are already all packed. Have been for a week. I'm kinda sorta organized. Kinda. Sorta.

Got a Christmas card from my almost mother-in-law in Toronto. My other family. Now an angel looks down upon me from the top of my monitor. I sent them a card in the great Christmas mailing of 2006. And a copy of BnM's first issue. I've never found another family to attach myself to, that I felt like one of. Many mothers wanted me nowhere near their sons. I've missed having contact with them while I had my breakdown and sorted myself out. So I was glad to hear from them. I owe this family so much, relationship with the son aside. They took me in, treated me like one of their own. It was the best of times, the worst of times, but I can't even imagine what it would've been like if I hadn't gone there, didn't know them. If I had taken an apartment downtown, lord only knows what would've happened to me! No doubt about it, these are significant players in my life circle. They've been around the block with me more than once.

Mood: springing into action, groggily
Drinking: coffee, french roast, organic, with lots of cream
Listening To: Promiscuous Girl, Nelly Furtado
Hair: looks like i slept with a headband in and then took it out . . . oops!

No comments: