Sunday, December 17, 2006

Sunny Side of the Street

I'm really sick. No denying it. I can barely talk, my voice is so hoarse. Luckily, I have nobody to talk with, so no worries. I'm so puffy that my eyes are little Asian slits, which is an interesting look for me of the big baby blues. And I'm sneezing. Lots and lots of sneezing. Which may be a good thing, maybe that ache in my chest will loosen up and come out now.

Yesterday I watched movies, drank wine and wrapped Christmas presents. Hmm, if you were a single wine drinking girl wrapping gifts during the holiday season, what movie would you watch? . . . Yep! You guessed it. I started the evening with the best single wine drinking girl holiday film of all times, Bridget Jones' Diary, the original, not the sequel. I followed that up with the Nancy Meyers classic, Something's Gotta Give, which isn't really a holiday film though it does have a snowing scene in Paris. I finished out the night with John Cusack and High Fidelity, which again is not a holiday film but all that introspective soul searching he does fits as the new year approaches and I get ready to take stock of 2006 and set new goals for 2007. And the music is awesome and I am in love with a funny little man named Jack Black, so there you go.

Presents are all wrapped and packed in my big suitcase. It took hours of wrestling with the zipper in order to get them all in there. So I guess I'm taking more than one case on this trip. It's not that I have so many things, it's just board games and things take up a lot of room. But that's it. I'm done. A trip to the local liquor store and Sobey's upon arrival in Miramichi Saturday night and I'm good to go.

Trouble sleeping last night. Noises in the walls . . . in my bedroom! Oh boy. I don't know what it is. I don't know where it's coming from. Drives me crazy. I am so moving out of this place! Done like dinner. So then I ended up turning on the tv and hoping it would lull me into sleep. Of course not. I watched Autumn in New York with Richard Gere and Winona Ryder. I don't think I've ever seen it before in its entirety. Kinda sad. Especially after much wine and present wrapping. That started the waterworks, massive crying jag. 6am before I finally settled in. I don't think all the non-drowsy sinus meds of yesterday helped. Today, I'm trying to function without them. So maybe I won't be up all night again tonight.

I'm feeling a little Love Actually coming on for tonight. I do enjoy Hugh Grant. And that's a good holiday film. Also will no doubt induce a crying jag though, so I'll have to wait and see if I'm up for that two nights in a row. Definitely need to get some hot fluids into me and rest. Being sick this week is not an option. Lots to do.

Mood: tired
Drinking: coffee
Listening To: Our Love is Here to Stay, Harry Connick Jr.
Hair: needing to be laundered . . . i wish i could send it out

No comments: