Tuesday, December 19, 2006

How Can You Mend A Broken Heart

Sooner or later you're going to be inspired. You know who you are.

1) What was your very first job with a paycheck?
In my graduating year of high school I wrote a weekly column highlighting events at my school for the local community newspaper. They'd send me a cheque every two weeks or so for maybe $20. My first real out in the world job was at a pet store in Sherway Gardens. I worked with dogs mostly, which I loved. The manager was a big time asshole though. I did not stay there long.

2) Did you ever lose something really important to you?
I did. During a 10-month hiatus from Toronto spent mostly in the rip roaring rapids I lost my Goodnight Desdemona t-shirt that I got when I worked the stand during intermission for the Nightwood Theatre production of the play. I suspect it remained in the rapids. I also lost my hard cover copy of Stephen King's The Stand during that little jaunt. I can only hope he read it.

3) What is the best Christmas present you ever received?
Last year's wok is hard to top these days. Glassware is always good too.

4) Tell about a favorite "hang out" place for you and your friends when you were in high school.
Hmm . . . early teens we did the whole Herbie's Pool Hall thing . . . but I wouldn't call us regulars. Before there were cars we hung out at the Brook Hill, the turn or the end of the road. But that was all early high school (is it called middle school now?) like pre grade 10. Once the boys graduated, they got jobs and cars and that was pretty much it. We hung out quite a bit at my parent's house too. Everyone always did. My parents would rather have us party at home with them than out in a ditch someplace.

5) Name something that always brings a smile to your face.
Johnny Depp as Hunter S. Thompson in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. That movie cracks me, every time, without fail.

6) Choose one: Popcorn, Pizza, Pretzels, Peanuts, or Pasta.
Pizza

7) If you won a shopping spree, from which store would you want it to be?
Anywhere would be good . . . but maybe a department store that has a little bit of everything, like Sears or Zellers.

8) Which television show re-runs do you enjoy watching?
Friends, Fraser . . . Does Take Home Chef count?

9) About how many times per day do you check your email?
Good Lord! It's just constantly on (checking every minute I think) so when something comes in, I handle it. Or if I'm busy working on something else then I'll wait. I check it usually at least once an hour.

10) If you had the money to collect something really valuable, what would it be?
Art

Mood: fantastic
Drinking: chai tea
Listening To: Try a Little Tenderness, Michael Buble
Hair: fluffy

No comments: