Sunday, March 04, 2007

Day's End

Heading to bed soon. Well to the futon in front of a movie at least. Seems to be the place for me this weekend. I want to get up early tomorrow morning. Lots to do. Big week ahead. Today I made a potato scallop. Just a tiny one to use up the rest of my skim milk that was just past its best before. I threw in a few freezer burned corn nibblets hanging around the back of the fridge and an onion. I didn't have any cream of soup to add. So it wasn't perfect, but not bad. A bit runny, but that too was okay because I have a loaf of bread I am trying to finish off before it molds, so I used a few slices to mop up juice. Reading this over, it kinda sounds unappetizing, lol, but I assure you, it was quite delish! Some chicken would be a wonderful thing. My kingdom for a wiener! Not that I am without protein, of course. I have some tofu still and a few packages of fish. This will be the week of fish and potatoes. And there's nothing wrong with that. A little white fish, a little salmon, it does the body good.

Today I watched one of my favourite movies of all time, "Intermission" with my boy Cillian Murphy. I know I've talked about this movie before. If you've ever come to stay at my house, no doubt, I made you watch this movie with me. Not that it would be any chore to do, because it's pretty darn good. I have seen this movie, oh my gosh, I've no idea how many times, I would have to say it must be close to 20, and I still laugh out loud. It's dark and different and so much fun. It's especially fun to watch with someone who's never seen it before. It makes me giggle. So I watched it today because I wanted a giggle. I'm discovering I really don't have a great many films in my library that cause giggles. Last night I watched "I Heart Huckabees" which absolutely makes my toes curl. Mark Wahlberg is fantastic! Did you need to study existentialism in university in order to love this one? I don't think so . . . though could someone who loves "Fight Club" as much as I do, be expected to feel any differently about Huckabees? I think not. Hilarity ensued.

It occurs to me that I might want to watch "Fight Club" tonight. Would that not be the perfect follow-up?

Also today I watched "Far From Heaven" with Dennis Quaid and Julianne Moore. I've seen this three times now, and every time I like it more. The first time I didn't get that much out of it, but it's one of those movies that creeps up on you, that you think about and think about and then watch again. She didn't actually win the Oscar, did she? But she's very good. And Dennis Quaid! He's very, very good. This not having tv thing is doing interesting things to my mind I think.

Mood: a little glum, but only a little
Drinking: nothing
Listening To: nothing
Hair: who knows? i try not to think about it

No comments: