Sunday, November 04, 2007

Back in Black

Stomach is a bit flippy today. Getting ready for an interview this afternoon. Not wanting to do the work, not feeling like research, like asking questions. Just want to laze and listen to music, maybe see if I can find the latest Friday Night Lights. The girls visit went well. No incidents, minor or major. I didn't sleep very well, but that's okay. We had a good time. Lots of surprises. J&J and kids arriving shortly for brief drop-in. Just before my interview. Should be reading all the pdfs on her website instead of blogging . . . but I'm tired and sometimes it's just as well not to go in knowing too much.

Yesterday was a good day. D picked me up around 3pm, late after getting lost en route from an excursion down the baie. I wasn't too concerned, running late myself, since the kids stayed longer than I had anticipated. His punishment was not so harsh, just a brief shopping excursion into Zellers to get Nick a dog bed. Mission accomplished, we went and got a coffee at Tim's then sat in the parking lot and talked for about an hour and a half. Mostly I listened. I'm kind of like an interrogator. By times. Oh well, he doesn't seem to mind. The interest of full disclosure seems topmost.

Conversation continued over dinner at Boston Pizza. My choice. It's close to the movie theatre. The rain started while we were eating. It wasn't so bad when we left the restaurant, much worse hours later when we left the movies. We saw American Gangster with Russell Crowe and Denzel Washington. It was good. Not great. But good. Not as violent as I had imagined. Still, enough to make me jumpy. After the movie the streets were flooding with so much water, the rain was coming down in sheets and waves. We sat in my apartment parking lot for another hour or two, and then I made the boy go home in the storm. He called to let me know he made it okay, though it was a stressful long slow drive. He called again this morning. Just to say good morning and wish me luck with my work today. I'm not used to all this attention. But it's nice.

And now I must go get my head in the game. Get ready to depart for interview.

Mood: content
Drinking: coffee, black
Listening To: photograph, def leppard
Hair: soon to be wet

No comments: