Sunday, January 13, 2008

Ending/Beginning?

Yes, I love Sunday. Anybody who follows my blog knows that, I say it almost every week. Being in Sunday is like being born on the cusp in astrology. It's a weekly identity crises of not quite knowing where you belong. Is it the beginning of the week? Or the end? My Latino art wall calendar clearly shows it as the beginning, the first day of a new week. In my Woman's Agenda for daily planning, Sunday is the last day of the work week. In the Bible God rested on the seventh day, the sabbath, Sunday, obviously the last day of his work week. In school we were taught the days of the week in order beginning with Sunday in both English and French. It seems Sunday is neither here nor there but firmly rooted in both weeks, and I think that's why I love it so much.

I always have a great day on Sunday. It's the only day that always begins with me taking time to indulge myself in my life's simplest pleasures, lingering in bed until well after 9 to sip coffee, have breakfast and watch my favourite television programs on CBC, completely relaxed, not a responsible thought in my head nagging me to do anything. I begin the day with simple indulgences and then I get productive, energetic. This is a day where nobody expects me to do anything, so anything I accomplish is like extra frosting on the week. Sunday is the day I will clean up the kitchen, cook a nice dinner, scrub the bathroom, do loads of laundry, sweep my floors, catch up on tv shows, watch that movie I've been saving for "me" time, clean out my inbox, file things properly, write articles, edit articles, design web pages, and so much more. Throughout the day I will feel relaxed and happy, after all there's no pressure on Sunday to do anything at all, so there's no need to rush, no need to worry, no need to beat myself down with guilt over my ever-growing to-do list. The more I accomplish, the more energy I have, and the more energy I have, the more things I accomplish.

And in this way I end every week on a positive productive note, and I also begin every week with a positive energetic tone. Can there be anything better than that? Sunday belongs to both weeks, so have a great one and begin/end your week on the right footing!

*****

It is Day 13 of a brand new year of focus and wellness. One of my goals for the year is to take 10,000 steps every day. I've been wearing my pedometer, tracking my progress. It's been challenging so far for sure, but yesterday I hit goal for the first time! 10,432 steps total! That's nearly 4 miles, or over 6 kilometres. Yay me! I'm also tracking my creative writing and I have to say it's a lot more challenging. So far I'm staring at big zeros on the word count. It'll come. On the procrastination front, I am excelling. This past week has been one of the most consistently productive weeks I've had in a long time. Great momentum as I head into the final days of putting February BnM to bed. I am looking forward to a visit up home for a Guitar Wars party, and excursions to Fredericton and Moncton once the print mag rests.

Mood: blazing
Drinking: coffee
Listening To: someone's washer/dryer, still haven't taken time to reload tunes
Hair: in limbo

No comments: