Monday, May 30, 2005

Hello Sunshine!

So, I've made it through my first week of living alone and I gotta say it wasn't that tough . . . it was kinda very easy. Even doing the dishes is an enjoyable task because they are MY dishes and I love them and want them to sparkle. I've never had this before. I've never felt like a place or things were mine and mine alone. Everything was always tied up with some man . . . speaking of some man . . .

I had visitors this weekend and during an impromptu psychic reading it was revealed that I'm about to meet someone new . . . tall, lanky (yes, I know I said I gave these sorts of boys up) with dark hair (I also gave up blondes, remember?) and he drives a truck (not sure if this is his living or his half-tonne, but there is a truck involved). Apparently this guy is going to come out of nowhere, sweep me off my feet and be "the one." I don't know if I believe in the concept of "the one" I'm more of a "the many" type of girl ;-) but I'm totally up for being swept away. That could be fun.

Other things I learned from the reading that I can share are:

-- my grandmother's got about 5 years left, so this current trip to hospital is not the end

-- Abby is an angel

-- Samuel is extremely intelligent and very good at figuring things out

-- I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be for right now, but I won't be staying in this apartment for very long because I'll be moving to a larger place with the guy who's going to sweep me off my feet

And of course I was drinking a little bit too much wine during this session, so a bunch of stuff is pretty fuzzy. We had a great visit though and I'm looking forward to doing it again.

Mood: Buoyant
Drinking: Coffee
Listening To: the birds chirping from the trees in the backyard
Hair: time to get at those roots soon

4 comments:

Andrea R said...

I have been swept off my feet by The One. :)
(okay, it was *after* the Many, but I digress...)

Simply Kel said...

Aww, you lucky girl! . . . Sometimes I think maybe I'm just greedy . . . I'd rather have the many, than the one :-)

Anonymous said...

Hon, you just haven't found The One who deserves and can appreciate your fabulously multi-layed beautiful self! If you take a look back at the many...I think you'll see my point :-)

And yes, it was a great weekend!

Simply Kel said...

I just don't think many people find "the one." They settle instead. I only know a few people who are truly happy in their relationships . . . and I wouldn't go so far as to say that I don't think even they can break up. Most people are downright miserable in their relationships but too chicken to get out of them . . . unless something better comes along to tempt them out of it. I think you can fall in love with lots of people, be compatible with lots of people . . . there is no "one" particular person you have to try and find. I think I could've settled and been as happy as just about everyone else I know, but I wanted something just a little better, lol. But I don't think there's just one guy out there who has what I'm looking for.