Wednesday, May 25, 2005

My Own Life

Safe and sound. Been unpacking. Washing dishes for two days . . . there's no good reason on earth why a single person needs so much glassware . . . finally got the phone turned on though dealing with Aliant was HELL!! I've never seen the like of it, honestly. I'll give it a trial, but I may have to look to switching to Eastlink . . . maybe they'll be better. It's been quite the ordeal really. And I still don't have high-speed.

Nothing but rain since the move, I felt like Noah except all alone on my ark. Late this evening the sun broke through though. Maybe tomorrow will be fantastic!

Okay, here's the odd thing ... or not so odd, depending on your point of view ... I feel completely at home here, I mean COMPLETELY. It's beyond anything I ever expected. Very surreal. I'm not completely unpacked, there's still a ton of cleaning and organising and unpacking to be done . . . yet, I feel like I've arrived home after being away for a long time. Like I would feel when I hit Barnettville after being in T.O. for months on end. And I'm loving these past few days when I've been completely on my own, completely beyond contact with everyone, yet I sense there are people who will be in this space with me . . . friends I guess. I don't know who. But I sense them. They're close. I see a gathering of spirits. I feel it. I see it when I close my eyes. But I don't recognise anyone . . . I just know they're good people. I'm done with the bad ones. I don't have the stomach for them anymore.

I know, I sound kind of nuts. Have I mentioned that I think I'm seeing auras around people. Not everyone. But some people. I don't know if it's really auras, I just see colour around some people. And I have no idea what these colours mean . . . So, I either have a brain aneurysm or else I'm getting more in tune with my psychic side. Given the options I choose the latter.

I don't know how else to explain this feeling. I expected some sort of breakdown, some sort of grieving or fear even, but although I teared up when Rob and Amber got hitched this evening there's been nothing else, just contentment and a sense of being exactly where I'm supposed to be, doing exactly what I'm supposed to do. There was a moment around midnight where I got a little spooked when I was taking out the garbage. My driveway is long. I'm back from the road and hidden behind trees. There were some guys staggering down the street, young guys, students maybe. I had this brief moment where I felt all exposed and kind of afraid. But it only lasted a second, literally. It left me as quickly as it came over me, replaced by this feeling that I'm home and everything is playing out exactly as it should be.

I LOVE MY APARTMENT!! I really do. I've never loved any place like I love this place. I made the right choice. So, I'm tired and going to bed now. Before 2 am. getting up earlier here. Physically tired from all the stairs and all the cleaning. Life is good. Just thought you should know.

Mood: Ready for bed ... and it's not even 2 am
Drinking: Organic Orange Pekoe Tea with Cream
Listening To: David Cassidy, I Think I Love You
Hair: Frizzy

2 comments:

Andrea R said...

I bet my aura is just scary. ;)

Simply Kel said...

I can't tell from the picture :-) but I would think yours would be multi-coloured, all the colours in the rainbow. I saw a scary one though, charcoal grey, like a film of dust hanging around the person . . . and as it turns out the person was not very nice. Made me feel dirty just to stand near by.