Saturday, May 28, 2005

Smurf's Bathroom

So I'm loving my apartment except for one minor thing . . . the bathroom. The bathroom is small. Tiny. Really minute. I mean when you're sitting on the toilet you can wash your feet in the shower and your hands in the sink. Very small.

It's kind of like they designed the apartment and then realised they forgot a room and had to sneak the bathroom in at the last minute with what little space was left, where they had originally planned a closet off the laundry room. It's really tiny.

Of course I knew the bathroom was tiny before I took the lease. It was a sacrifice I was willing to make because the rest of the place was fantastic . . . but this was before I actually took a shower . . .

My shower is hysterical. I burst out into uncontrollable giggles everytime I'm in there, because it's just too crazy. It's a stall, no tub. The smallest stall I've ever been in actually. There will be no sexual encounters happening in there. I do good to wedge myself in, without adding another person. This shower stall was created by a small person for other small people . . . perhaps Smurfs. I'm too tall for the shower head, which means I'm left doing awkward backbends in the too tight space in order to wash my hair. I think of Bill Murray in Lost in Translation everytime I'm in there and it cracks me up big time. Except Bill Murray actually had some space to move around in, you know to get in position to do the back bends or knee bends or whatever he had to do to get in the spray.

I mean I've got these really long limbs . . . arms, legs . . . it's not pretty. It requires a lot of stretching and agility. I'm already more limber as a result of my showering exercises than I have been in a long time. I can't imagine what I'll be like months down the road.

It's terribly funny.

I think I should join a gym and just shower there. It might be worth it.

1 comment:

Andrea R said...

Ooohhhhh... I'm dyin' here... and I thought my bathroom was small. At least I have a tub.
It's 5' by 8', I'm guessing yours is smaller? Dude, you're not much taller than I am, that's just sad.

smurf bathroom... *giggle*