Thursday, November 03, 2005

On James Patterson . . .

The NY Times business section ran a piece on James Patterson (who apparently made $40 million last year), where he revealed he doesn't always write his books:

Mr. Patterson said he often worked with co-authors because he believed that he was more proficient at creating the story line than at executing it.

"I found that it is rare that you get a craftsman and an idea person in the same body," Mr. Patterson said. "With me, I struggle like crazy. I can do the craft at an acceptable level, but the ideas are what I like." He said the co-authors received a flat fee and, most often, credit on the book cover.

WHA-THE?! He makes $40 mil US last year and doesn't even write his books. That irks me.

Mood: irked
Drinking: coffee
Listening To: last cigarette, bon jovi
Hair: needing a hat to go out in the rain

No comments: