Thursday, September 14, 2006

Cool Kids Never Have The Time

It's Christmas time on Cornation Street. Makes me want to have a Christmas where I can pop down the cobblestoned street to the pub for a pint. I miss having friends at Christmas. I miss the losers lonely hearts club. Sometimes. Other times, I know I'm better without them. I just wish something good would happen, you know.

Weird, I wrote that and this song came on.

Just wanna know ya
Just wanna talk to ya
I wanna hear about your day
I'd never leave ya
Never be mean to ya
I'd always let you get your way

Something good will come our way
And maybe this good thing's gonna happen today

If I were honest I'd tell you everything
But it keeps coming out as lies
It's not a promise
In case you're wondering
It's not some blessing in disguise

But something good will come our way
And maybe this good thing's gonna happen today
Something good will come our way
And maybe this good things gonna happen today

I know romance is not in fashion
And my heart is on the line
If you would be so kind
To help me kill some time

Then something good just might come crashing
From the stars that light the sky
If you would be so kind
To help me kill some time

Just wanna know ya
Just wanna talk to ya
I wanna hear about your day
I'd never leave ya
Never be mean to ya
I'd always let you get your way

Something good will come our way
And maybe this good thing's gonna happen today
Something good will come our way
And maybe this good things gonna happen today

Weird, huh? A sign? Perhaps. Anyway, my boy Lukas kicked some serious Rock Star ass and takes home the prize. As if there was ever any doubt. I was surprised to see Toby go third though. I thought he had improved and grown so much throughout the show, that he should've been second. Actually, I was a little concerned he had taken the whole deal, so I sighed a big sigh of relief when they gave him the boot. I knew there was no way Dilana could win it all, that would just be silly.

Tonight Survivor starts, but I haven't watched in years, so there you go. At least I won't be jumping on that show too. Now that Rock Star and BB7 are done, I've got to try and reign in this crazy tv kick I've been on this summer. Get back to basics. Not pick up any new programming. There is so much work to be done. So very much. And so many books to be read. The pile at the head of my book seems to grow every day, all books that I haven't read yet. Not enough hours in the day.

In other news, I'm writing fiction. Only a few words here and there, but yay me anyway!

Mood: weirded out
Drinking: water
Listening To: Something Good, Bic Runga
Hair: about to change for the season

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

per se is how you spell it.
so, you're off the deep fried weiner dinners? isn't there a miramichi by-law against that?
-t

Simply Kel said...

There is, and in true rock star rebel fashion I choose to disobey :-) I risk being disowned by my father, but oh well.