Sunday, September 24, 2006

Move Along

Dreams are off the hook! Last night I was on trial. It was a bogus charge. I hadn't actually done anything. My mother ignored a policy at her work, causing a co-worker (an old battleaxe-like type who should've been long retired, a fictional character by the way, my mother works with no such person) to screw up. Nobody died. Nobody was even hurt. It was something super simple like dishes being stacked in a different place, causing the old battleaxe to turn customers away because she thought they were out of plates and could no longer serve. My mother works in a cafeteria, in case I didn't mention that. My mother actually works in a high school, but this was a public cafeteria, in a high-rise.

Anyway, rather than being perceived as making a mistake, the old battleaxe wanted blood, heads to roll. And since everyone always loves my mother and wouldn't do anything like that to her, I ended up in a courtroom on trial. It's all very bizarre, I know. Mom figured the judge would just throw it out and didn't even come to the courtroom with me. Dad was there, but only because he had a dentist appointment in the same building later in the afternoon. The judge turned out to be that crazy little man judge from Boston Legal though and wasn't about to throw out the bogus charges without hearing evidence.

So there was testimony and cross-examination and expert witnesses and I just couldn't believe it! That they were going to such lengths over something so simple that I hadn't even been involved with. It stretched on forever. My father had to cancel his dentist appointment. And then finally it ended and it was time for the judge's verdict. GUILTY! I couldn't believe it! The whole thing was crazy, and it got even crazier when he sentenced me to 3-5 in prison. I woke up feeling like a truck had run over me in the night, achy, fuzzy headed, and just flabbergasted. I hate waking up more exhausted than when I went to sleep.

Listening to itunes earlier while reading blogs. I don't have much music yet, but I've got a truckload of personal development cds that my boss copied onto my computer when he gave it to me. The PD tracks are generally no longer than a song, so I put it on random and end up getting a mix of music and lessons. And this is good. I don't have the patience to listen to a whole cd of a seminar in one sitting, so this way I get to dip in and dip out.

Anyway, that's what I was doing earlier and in the way that the universe steps in, fiddles with the energy and shows us the way, while I was reading today's post on Christina's blog called "get yourself out there" Brian Tracy comes on the speakers with the seventh key to success, Positive Action. "That means get going. Get busy. Move fast. Positive action gives you energy." Yes, I know this already. I've witnessed it in my own life. I know for sure that it works. But today I really needed to hear this again. Funny how that happens :-)

Mood: not bad, considering
Drinking: coffee (instant again, i so NEED a new machine)
Listening To: Tell Me Baby, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and the rumble of the soapbox derby happening on the hill just in front of my house
Hair: the greasiest, stringiest, trailer park trashiest that it's been in awhile

No comments: