Sunday, March 13, 2005

Hair Today . . . What Tomorrow?

I'm getting bored with my hair. Anyone who knows me knows I've been growing my hair out for a couple of years now. I've always had short hairstyles, since I first got it cut short in the second grade. Changing my styles and colours has always been fun for me . . . but now I've gone longer and I'm bored. You can't do as many fun things with longer styles it doesn't seem. Even if I dye it some freaky colour . . . what will I do with it? It'll just hang there like always or else get pulled back into a God-awful ponytail. Blah!

The last time I got my ends trimmed I mentioned to the hairdresser that I was thinking of doing something drastic like getting a super short spiky pixie cut again. She was horrified, "But you've put so much work into going long! And now you've got it beat!" I confess I just don't get the long hair thing, I never have. Everyone I've ever known always looks better in shorter styles . . . yet, many girls (and most guys in particular) seem to really dig longer locks. What's up with that?

In the beginning I decided to let my hair grow because I'm not getting any younger and I think after a certain age women can't carry off the long styles very well. So, I figured if I was ever going to experiment, I'd better get started. I had no idea how long it might take to get even shoulder length hair. I'm a little bit below my shoulder now and it's been probably close to three years.

My hairdresser is right though, I've got the awkward part of growing your hair out beat . . . but the trouble is I don't know what to do with it now as we continue on down to the small of my back. Without going drastically short and just tossing all these years of work away, what can I do to spruce up the old do and loosen up the boredom? Any suggestions for styles or colours or hair accessories or . . . ANYTHING?

Comment please.


Mood: Heavy-Lidded
Drinking: Just finished off half a bottle of cheap Chilean Merlot
Listening To: Apatrullando la Ciudad, El Fary
Hair: Stringy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...............I say lots of razer edge layers close to the shape to the head, but keeping the length. This look works great if you have straight, straight hair. To punch up the "Hot" factor, tons of contrasting color streaks all throughout the bottom layers, with high contrast on the top layers. Think platinum with shocking red underneath. .......follw the link and you will see what I mean.

http://www.hair-concept.de/text/html/frisuren_2004.htm

Simply Kel said...

Ohhh, that's pretty fun and exciting! . . . I've got a lot of body in my hair though, the straight thing doesn't happen very easily. Still, not impossible. Thanks!