Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The Walk of Life

What a great day! I swear spring came today. The sun was shining in my window while I worked this morning, blinding me in a way it hasn't for many months. When Nick and I were outside today my boots made a sucking sound in the mud and he couldn't climb the snowbanks because they fell away under his feet. People walked their dogs past the house wearing pastel coloured jackets and running shoes. At 7 this evening it still wasn't dark. I didn't need my scarf and mittens.

What a great day!

And the best part . . . the absolute best part of this entire day for me . . .

Temperatures soared in the above range and I'm still walking, pain-free. For me, this is a really big fat hairy deal! The season is getting ready to change and one of these days I'm going to find myself struggling, that's just the way it is, the nature of the disease . . . but today was an absolutely beautiful spring day and I danced around the kitchen as I cooked supper, went walking on the treadmill, walking outside . . . I walk and I walk . . . and you better believe I appreciate every moment.

Mood: Peaceful
Drinking: Merlot (but only one glass, I'm not medicating)
Listening To: Tiny Dancer, Elton John
Hair: Pass the burritto and call me Ozzy!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

da, dee, da, dee, da, dee, dee,.....dig out your tear-away pants.