Saturday, March 19, 2005

With or Without Me?

Verdict's in . . . without me :-(

Yes, tickets for U2 go on sale in a matter of moments and I'm not going to try to get any. I just don't see how I can swing a trip west this year with moving and university. So Taia, you can officially fold up the roll-away cot, it seems like another year might pass without a visit.

I took a long sobering look at my financial situation and made some hard decisions. My move has to be my top focus, followed by courses . . . then travel. But things have a way of working out for the best, so maybe money will appear and I'll still get to take a trip to Toronto, maybe to Harbourfront Festival of Authors or International Film Festival or something fun like that.

I found out yesterday that Mama Mia is closing in May. I always wanted to see that, always swore I would drop everything and go if it was going to close . . . but I can't do that either right now.

Things will come around once I'm moved; the bugger is getting there with first and last, utility deposits, etc. Once I'm settled things will be better financially. I've already got great ideas for making extra cash to help out with things like trips.

Anyway, I'm very optimistic and not at all depressed about any of this. Life is good.

Yesterday I met with my writer girlfriends and we had a good session. So today my batteries are fully charged and I'm raring to go! That's the great thing about taking the time to meet with them, not only does it help to keep me motivated personally with my novel and other creative writing, but it gives me great motivation and energy toward all aspects of my life -- BnM, working out, house chores and whatever else -- All of it! It's a good buzz to have and I confess I'm still carrying around a bit of a buzz off the Fredericton reading last week. We're going to try and meet again this week on Thursday; apparently Friday is Good Friday, which means Easter has snuck right up on me.


Mood: Electrified
Drinking: Coffee, perked with cream
Listening To: Eminem, Toy Soldiers
Hair: Gnarly

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I DON'T CARE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME: MAMA MIA SUCKS! WORSE THAN SOME AWFUL HIGH SCHOOL PLAY OF SOMETHING YOU'RE FORCED TO SIT THROUGH! PAINFUL. I KNOW THAT PEOPLE SITTING AROUND US GAVE IT A STANDING OVATION, BUT GAWD IT WAS AAAAWWWWWWWWWWFUL, AND ANYWAYS, THERE ARE A LOT OF MORONS AROUND, AS WE ALL KNOW. YOU ARE NOT MISSING ANYTHING. GO SEE A LOCAL NB PLAY OR SOME MUSIC INSTEAD. THAT WOULD BE WAY BETTER, WAY COOLER.
IT'S NOT EVEN THAT I DON'T LIKE ABBA SONGS. I LOVED MURIEL'S WEDDING.
WE GOT TICKETS FOR XMAS ONE YEAR. WANTED TO SCALP THEM BUT SINCE THEY WERE A GIFT WE COULDN'T.
TOO BAD ABOUT U2. I HEARD ALL 4 SHOWS ALREADY SOLD OUT! AUTHOR'S FEST -- GOOD IDEA.

Anonymous said...

I MEAN, AUTHORS' FEST.

Simply Kel said...

Ohhh, but do you understand how much I love ABBA? I mean I loved Muriel's Wedding also . . . but I love ABBA so much I don't even bother to hide it from family and friends, I listen right out loud when people are around -- cranked! And I sing! Oh my God, do I ever sing! I know every word of almost every song they ever did. I have no shame, no compulsion at all to be a closet ABBA fan. I make everyone I know sick. Surely someone like me would have enjoyed Mama Mia, would have been one of the crazy fools in the standing o -- don't you think?

Anonymous said...

but they aren't abba -- just some lame, and i mean lame, actors singing abba like bad karaoke with a cheesy story accompanying.
i just found it a very juevenile production. i'd rather see an ABBA tribute band.

i can't believe i just wrote that sentence.

Simply Kel said...

Ha! I can't believe you just wrote that sentence either! LOL I'll be seeking out ABBA tribute bands now and sending you ticket info. Disappointing to learn that a tribute band would be better than Mama Mia . . . still better to know than to be disappointed that I missed the thing . . . in fact, since I'm unable to see it . . . I'm glad it sucked! Maybe The Lord of the the Rings will be better?

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is a trip we have to make! I've added it to my to do list. http://lotr.dynalias.com/

Do you think Viggo will be there? Oh God...he might be there....