Monday, June 05, 2006

You Know What Ticks Me Off

Complainers! You know the ones. They are the ones with "should" playing a major role in their vocabularly.

"You know what you should do . . . "

"Someone should . . . "

They're right full of ideas, a wee short on execution. Actually execution doesn't even cross their mind, because the whole point is that they think someone else should do it. Blah!

You run into these people CONSTANTLY when you have your own business. They were the bane of my existence when I had the Power Track. And it's not like there weren't any good ideas or anything, but when you have ZERO resources and you are struggling just to keep the lights on from day to day and a day doesn't go by that at least one person looks at you and says, "You know what you should do . . . get some new tables" like it's the first time anyone's ever had such a brilliant idea . . . well, it grates on your last nerve.

These are the same people who "assume" things. They assume because someone told them that something happened to someone else six years and three owners ago that this is the way things currently run. And they take great enjoyment in spreading this around. Okay, so I'm not REALLY talking about the Power Track, just using it as an example because that situation was the same deal.

Fuck! These people just make my face hurt. I wish they didn't, because I seriously think that's their pay-off and if they couldn't make my or anyone else's face hurt they'd probably drop off the face of the earth, but . . . c'est la vie!

Ok. I'm done. Venting is over. The fact of the matter is that I have absolutely no control over how other people perceive the world and what lies they spread. I do however have total control over my reaction to said people's perception and lie spreading. I know the truth. That's all that matters. And starting right now, I'm choosing not to let this stuff make my face hurt.

Sometimes, that's all you can do.

Mood: better, having written this
Drinking: coffee
Listening To: vaccuuming outside
Hair: greasy

No comments: