Thursday, February 28, 2008

Dangerous

It's the quiet ones . . . so I've been told :-)

What a freaking day! I so did not want to get out of bed at 5:30 this morning. The apartment seemed cold or something. I rolled over and fell into a dream instead.

I was sitting at big picnic table in someone's garage or warehouse. It seemed almost industrial. Concrete. Cavernous. Blah. The only other thing in the room was some sort of big radio on one end of the table.

I was just sitting at this table strumming my fingers, bored, and then I started to sing, just nonsense stuff, whatever came into my head.

So I was just sitting there, all alone, rocking and singing. Suddenly Sherry runs into the place screaming her head off, "Oh my God! Oh my God!" Scares the crap out of me. I jump and scream, "What?! What's going on?!"

And she's at the picnic table, grabbing onto the radio, frigging with it, asking me, "Didn't you hear it?! Oh my God!! Was that the new Alicia Keys?! Do you have the new Alicia Keys?!"

It took me a sec to get what was going on.

She heard me singing and thought I was Alicia Keys. Yeah, I was surprised too.

It took me a sec, but then I shrugged and said, "I didn't hear a thing. I don't even think that radio works."

And sure enough she couldn't get the radio to work, and she was looking around all puzzled and bewildered, scratching her head and muttering, "But what the hell?! I heard it! What was it? You didn't hear anything?!" I just shrugged and rolled my eyes.

In bed I rolled over and saw the clock edging on 6 so I got up and sang all the way into the bathroom where I promptly smirked with satisfaction in the mirror.

***

Went on a big run-around this morning, way back the Station Road, up by the recycling depot, then downtown to the old police station out behind Sears. Interviews. The going was pretty rough this morning I gotta say! At 8:30 nothing much had been plowed in awhile. By 11:30 when I was coming back up over the hill, things were much better. Even the King George Highway was pretty good going. That's one way to get my 10,000 steps. I should schedule interviews in town everyday throughout the winter. Of course by the time I got home I was sleepy again and just wanted to climb back into that bed. Think I'll make an early night of it.

It is 6:15 and still daylight!!

Mood: tired
Drinking: water
Listening To: where am i going, matt mays
Hair: very straight

2 comments:

sher said...

that is one crazy-ass dream! i mean sure Alicia is good and all but i wouldn't be running to the radio to hear her new tunes! lol

Simply Kel said...

hello! have you heard alicia's new album?! it's dope!