Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Revelations

I had a bunch of them, yesterday. Some pretty good A-Ha moments. But it kinda all came back to the same thing, and that's that I'm okay. No, I mean REALLY okay. You know I've been climbing the rungs on this ladder of self-awareness and growth for about 10 years now.It's been slow going, and lord knows I'm nowhere near the top, but yesterday a bunch of stuff that's been clattering round my brain for months finally clicked into place and I gained two rungs. Two! Just like that! Poof! Poof! And I don't have time to go into all the details (not that you'd even be interested) because a friend is coming over for lunch and writerly conversation and I need to get my head out of the clouds and shift my ass into gear so I'm ready to entertain! But I just wanted to note that I am REALLY okay, and I've had another personal development breakthrough, and I'm feeling really happy and super strong. Today is a good day, the sun is shining, my ducks are in a row, and I'm feeling really excited about today and tomorrow and all the great things in the works for down the road. My goal remains to be the woman I've always wanted to be by the time I'm 40, to be sooo much better than I was at 30. I've got a year and half left. Time's ticking and I confess in 2007 I kinda felt like I didn't make much progress, maybe even lost some ground, but maybe the mind just needed some time to gel because things have definitely accelerated in 2008.

Mood: optimistic & joyful
Drinking: coffee, instant, with skim
Listening To: humming, the fridge, the computer, the heater, the printer . . .
Hair: maybe i need to go razor happy again, spice this do up a bit

No comments: