Thursday, February 21, 2008

London Calling

The ice age is coming, the sun's zooming in
Meltdown expected, the wheat is growing thin
Engines stop running, but I have no fear
Cause London is drowning and I, live by the river

A little Clash to get things going. I love living by the river. How about that lunar eclipse last night? I had an amazing view from my windows, without having to go outside and freeze. I sat in the picture window with my binoculars. It was very pretty by times.

Yesterday was a full busy day, lots of company. I walked down to the post office and Sobey's. It was a helluva lot colder outside than what my sunshiny apartment indicated. I had the heat turned off, the front windows open, and still the sweat was running down my back. So, I wasn't prepared for the wind chill of it all. Brrr!

Had a nice lunch with my friend. Talked about writing and upcoming writerly events we're planning. It's always so good to get together. Recharges the creativity for sure.

Later, in the evening, Lee & Charlotte came down for a bit to get some cds burned and have a little tarot reading. Funny, I've been thinking about tarot for about a week now, then at lunch yesterday we were just talking about doing our cards, and then out of the blue I get a request and out come the cards. Charlotte's cards are always good. I didn't do mine though.

Stacy dropped by much later to bring me some magazines and mail I got at the office. So then we chatted for a bit, catching up. Big Brother kinda sounds whacked this year! I haven't been watching.

I exercised in the moonlight after she left, for about 20 minutes or so, then watched the eclipse for awhile, then caught the last bit of The Hour, where they went to Coronation Street, fell asleep during Arrested Development, woke at 5:30 but didn't get up. The moon takes a lot out of me. Dream-wise. So I was stuck in some dreams and generally feeling like the truck had run over me. I'm looking forward to the weekend, seeing my dog, going to dinner theatre, making Jerk Chicken nachos, Oscars, catching up with Corrie and all that.

But first, I've got a crap load of stuff to do.

Mood: a little foggy
Drinking: coffee
Listening To: it's raining again, supertramp
Hair: closer to the razor every passing day

No comments: