Friday, April 14, 2006

Barely Listening

I can't open the bottle of Coke in my fridge. It used to be that nothing was too tight for me. I had the bartender death clutch, could unscrew (and screw ;-) anything. I'll try again later, but in the meantime I've used the last of the flat diet cola for mixing with mister jack daniels . . . and I did not have enough to offset the amount of liquor I had already poured onto ice into the tall glass . . . soooo, here I am, with one stiff drink.

I've been going through my blog, sequestering posts that could be something more, something publishable even. I've been inspired since the AGM weekend, maybe I haven't been wasting my time here, maybe there's something to this blog business. I've extracted over 97,000 words. That's right! Who knew? That's a big ass book. Of course it needs editing, rewriting, reworking . . . and the guts to try. I'm big on editing skills, a bit low on guts. But working on it.

Mood: nostalgic
Drinking: jacks & coke
Listening To: Cuts Like a Knife, Bryan Adams
Hair: could it be that i'll get drunk and pull a freida? all those women in the movies always look so sexy after they chop off their hair in a fit of passion

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make a point to read your blog, daily. there is definitely a book here or there. So grab your guts and go for it..see all the encouragement your getting..it's because you are talented...

Anonymous said...

I agree.I read your blog every day and look forward to it.

Simply Kel said...

Yes, but are you both just my mother in disguise? :-D Just kidding. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm glad you guys read everyday. I appreciate it.

Simply Kel said...

Aren't bestsellers a myth? :-D Still it's good to have encouragement. Thanks.