Friday, April 07, 2006

Two Plus Hours and Counting

Leaving for Fredericton and a weekend in the company of writers in about two hours time. They said they'd pick me up around 9:30. I am a bit zonked. Could not sleep last night. The last time I looked at the clock it was 4:30. Tres disturbing numbers to see when you know the alarm will buzz at 6:07 and you have to rise no matter what. I couldn't stop thinking about hosting the event tonight. Last year, in Moncton, I wasn't nervous . . . I don't think I had enough sense to be nervous. But Moncton is also a different town than Fredericton. Different attitude. I'm more at home in Moncton. Fredericton seems cold in comparison. And the line-up of authors is a bit stunning. And I suddenly realised I haven't really thought about what I'm going to say. I don't have any material. No jokes. What the hell!

And to top it all off, I'm feeling sick. Sigh. No, I mean like sore throat, headachy sick, not stomach nerves sick. Like I'm taking the flu or something. Nice. Hopefully, it's nothing that a few glasses of wine won't clear up. I haven't had any wine all week. I think that's why I'm sick! A glass a day keeps the flu away.

Anyway, the thing that was bothering me the other day has worked itself out, for the time being anyway. So, I don't have to make a special trip home. I'm not planning on going again until the last weekend in May. I should be in super duper kid withdrawal by then.

I'm off! Have a good weekend. Wish me luck!

Mood: jittery
Drinking: coffee
Listening To: This Year's Love, David Gray
Hair: drying naturally

No comments: