Monday, April 24, 2006

Moving Week

It's turn-over time in my fair town. People have been on the move quietly for a few weeks, but now we're getting into mass exodus mode. Moving vans, half-tons piled high, trailers loaded down, kids carrying mattresses on their backs, suitcases by the curb, all over town yesterday. Only one boy left in my house. The quiet one. All weekend there's been a steady stream of people in and out, all the hugging and take cares, final farewells. I expect the landlord any day now. His mail has started coming in the box again. As much as I bitched about having the students in the house, the quiet will take some getting used to. I don't know that they'll be back in the fall, or whether he'll rent the house again. This year was an experiment, so it's hard to say what will happen. The only thing I know for sure is that I'm staying. I'm home here. I love this place, these people. Every day here is such a joy.

Mood: sinusy
Drinking: coffee
Listening To: email dinging into my inbox
Hair: needing a miracle

No comments: