Thursday, April 27, 2006

Paying Attention

My horoscope told me to pay particular attention to the messages in my dreams this week. And I have been. And I've been learning lots. But there's this one dream I'm just not getting. I've no idea where it came from. I dreamed I went to see Simple Plan play in a club in Mississauga. It was a club I used to go to quite a bit when I lived in Etobicoke. I forget what it was called, but it was huge, warehouse-like with many different bars and a huge dancefloor. Anyway, I dreamed I went there to see Simple Plan. I was close to the stage on the dancefloor when the band came out and started to play and I saw that my sister's ex-boyfriend was on guitar. I was surprised. I mean if he joined a big name band like that surely we'd hear about it. And he generally always played in country bands, so this was unexpected.

Anyway, I didn't much care who was in the band because I was dancing and having the best time. I kind of forgot he was even there. But by the end of the show he had noticed me and as I was getting my stuff together to leave afterward one of the bouncers came up to me and told me he had asked to see me backstage. So I went. Mostly because I really wanted to meet all the other Simple Plan guys! And get autographs and things. So I went backstage, which was actually a band bus in the parking lot out back. None of the other guys were there though, just me and him and a few roadies. He was all hyper like he always was, glad to see me, asking tons of questions about the family and folks, talking a mile a minute. I was a bit disappointed that I wasn't getting to meet anyone, but we had a beer and chatted and gradually I found that I was having a good time. Talking to him wasn't so bad.

Then in the way of so many of my dreams things shifted into a fast forward montage showing us spending lots of time together, staying up all night laughing and talking, me being pulled on-stage with the band at another club show, me backstage meeting people, us having dinner in a nice restaurant, me and the band running from crazy fans to get on the bus, holding coats over our heads to hide from cameras . . . yes, it was like I was having a love affair with him! (This totally freaks me out.) Anyway, it was like a May-December romance, nothing long-term, just a lot of hanging out for a few months while we in the same city. Then they were going on world tour and I was going on a retreat, a farm in Kirkland Lake, where I was going to work on a book. So we'd had this really great time but it had run its course and everyone was okay with that, we weren't sad or anything.

In the final scene of the dream we're standing on a wagon path by a cedar fence at the edge of a field with waist high hay blowing in the wind. We hug goodbye. I can't help smiling. He grins and walks away. I know I'll never see him again. I turn to walk toward the farm house where I'm staying and I think to myself, "That wasn't so bad. Maybe height doesn't matter."

And then I woke up.

A very bizarre dream. VERY bizarre! And seriously what does it mean? Is my subconscious saying I need to give short guys I find a bit repulsive more of a chance and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised? Do I need to see Simple Plan? Am I going to run into my sister's ex soon? Should I be running off with the next guitar strummer I meet? Thoughts anyone? I'm just baffled by it. And a bit embarrassed. Thank God there were no sex scenes. Other than the hug and some handholding I spared myself anything more graphic.

Speaking of musicians . . . Charlie says Denise and Richie give love a bad name. Hah! But seriously, it's music festival week here and every where about town there are kids playing their guitars and violins and what have you, buskering in the streets, it's kind of cool.

Mood: headachy
Drinking: rooibos herbal tea with a splash of skim milk
Listening To: Let Her Cry, Hootie and the Blowfish
Hair: tightly wound

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ok, the only thing I get about your dream is A)Simple Plan(love them!) and B)that when he leaves you can't help smiling. Other than that it sounded more like a nightmare! lol

Anonymous said...

Miss Kelly needs "something something" know what i mean...your missing someone ;)
Anna...