Sunday, March 30, 2008

Back on the Chain Gang

I seem to have a focus problem today. I start one task and then when I'm half-way through another completely different task, I remember that, oh yeah, I was doing something else . . . yeah, it's THAT kind of a day.

And I'm back, having been away for another 15 minutes doing something else . . . see what I mean?

Yesterday was a pretty good day. We went to the Farmer's Market in Chatham for breakfast, which is always fabulous. Then it was off to the office for BnM production. Unfortunately they were doing some work on the building. Much sawing with lots of choking dust followed by the loud pounding vibration of unrelenting jackhammering. Oi! So we only stayed for a few hours, just long enough to make all the changes from an initial proofing, and print four new copies for a second proofing. I'm quite pleased. It's the best first draft we've ever done. And it's the most balanced issue we've done to date too. And I wrote nothing other than my Editor's note and regular columns. Cool!

When we left the office we went and did a little shopping at the Big Deals, natural food store, the Dollar Store, Global second-hand, and Kent Building Supplies. I got the Clerks II 2-disc dvd still wrapped in cellophane for $5, and a couple of books. I was trying to be financially responsible and exercise restraint. Then we went to supper at O'Donaghue's Pub. Of all the times we've been there, we'd never eaten a meal. So this was our wellness reward treat for doing so well these past few weeks. We played it safe and greasy sharing a basket of onion rings, followed by fish 'n chips. I'm looking forward to sampling more of their menu this week when I'm in Chatham for WFNB.

The WFNB event is coming together nicely. I think we're okay, and nothing has slipped by unnoticed. Should be tons of fun! I'm starting to get excited about it now. Busy week on the rise though. Lots to get done. Guess I should get to it, huh?

Mood: content
Drinking: coffee, black
Listening To: raise a little hell, trooper
Hair: . . .

No comments: