Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Yearning

I am having a kick-ass week for steps, so far. Three days in and I've got over 45 min aerobic each day as well as over 10,000 steps. Yay me! I am having issues in the sleep area of my life though. Yes, I know when don't I have issues with that? I've gone from insomnia to total exhaustion can't-wake-up-for-the-life-of-me-just-want-to-laze-in-bed-all-day . . .

Okay, honestly it's probably not that bad. I just expect to be able to function on 5 hours is all. So when I need 7 or more (and there have been a few days recently where I was down for 10, 11, 12!) I think I'm getting too much, it screws my schedule. You see, in order to get everything done in my life that I want to get done, there's no time for sleeping. There just isn't time. Five hours. That's all I have time for. I figured it all out on paper. What's important to me, what needs to be done, what I'm willing to give up, and I can get away with 6 hours for sleep, but 7 is too much.

When I'm exercising and getting my steps and physically working my body, like I have been these past three weeks, I get bone weary. I ache. I need more sleep. I need the infamous 8 hours. Or so it seems. Though last night was a 6 and a half thing, up by 7:30 this morning. Maybe if I start getting to bed earlier . . . maybe there's something else I can sacrifice . . . maybe I can combine some activities . . . maybe it's just a phase and I'll be back to the normal 5 soon . . .

Speaking of sleep problems, have you read this? I was a bit appalled at first. It seemed in poor taste, too soon . . . and then I read it . . . and . . . I dunno, it moved me in a way I hadn't expected. I'm still not sure of the timing, but it's a good read.

But if you only have time to read one thing today, then skip the Heath Ledger reported fiction piece and go directly to this blog post from the son of one of BnM's newest contributors. This is something everyone should read. What a blessing!

Mood: bone-tired
Drinking: coffee
Listening To: little bones, the tragically hip
Hair: twins with jon bon's

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Read both at break. Hiding in my office with tears in my eyes.
I had a freaking muffin today! Will think of this every time.
Everyone should read both. I am going to share with those closest to me.
From the mouth of babes, man.....from the mouth of babes. Powerful!