Monday, March 24, 2008

Marching Onward and Upward

Yesterday was a really good day for me. I know Sunday generally is a good day, that's why I love them, but yesterday was particularly good. I accomplished everything I wanted-- got over 10,000 steps and nearly 1500 words and ate right and exercised and all that kind of good stuff.

This morning I weighed in again to see that I've dropped 4 pounds since last time, which is encouraging. I only have 2 more to go to be back to where I was last spring/summer when I was doing the SparkPeople thing. I suspect another 10-15 after that will put me back to where I was at in Sackville, though I've no records to know for sure, the clothes will tell that tale. Then the journey begins for real to drop another size and keep it off. Time is running out if I want to be gorgeous again by the time I turn 40. It's doable though. I just need to stay focused and do the work. I know I can keep the weight off once I get where I want to be, but it's the getting there that requires my patience and commitment.

Today I am roasting a turkey breast, so I'll have turkey for stir-frys and wraps and all that good stuff. I tried these whole grain rye Triscuit crackers last night that I've had in my cupboard for eons. I got them for some sort of gathering or party and then either forgot to put them out or cancelled or something. Last night I was hungry. That hollow stomach growling kind of hungry.

I was about 50 calories short of the 1200 that a person needs in order to keep their body from going into starvation mode and clutching on to all your fat for dear life, so I figured even though it was pretty late I should eat something. I was also a few grams short on my protein. After much searching I opted for four Triscuit crackers and a half cup of salsa.

I warmed the crackers in the oven and then ate them like nacho chips with the salsa. Yummy! Of course I had more salsa than crackers, which meant I ended up eating salsa with a spoon, but that was fine by me. The snack did the trick and I didn't go to bed hungry, I got my calories and my protein count into more acceptable levels, and I now have a new favourite treat! Hopefully, I won't become obsessed with it, like I did with the lasagna. Too much of anything is not a good thing.

I had more crazy dreams last night. A whole series of them. I wouldn't even know where to begin to describe any of them. And anything that I am capable of describing in great detail, trust me, you DO NOT want to know!

Mood: excited about life
Drinking: king cole tea
Listening To: just me, typing
Hair: interesting

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had some dreams last night too. You were in one, being interviewed on the radio. But the station was in the teacher's lounge at the high school. But the best part was who was interviewing you....Jack Black! And he loved you!!! And I mean REALLY loved you! lol

Simply Kel said...

Oh man! You know if Jack Black ever met me, he WOULD totally love me!!!

Blackcat35 said...

It's funny I just joined SparkPeolpe today,lol.

Simply Kel said...

Oh SparkPeople is very good for teaching you how to eat healthy! I still use it now to keep track of all my stuff.