Thursday, October 21, 2004

Nerds & Turds

Turns out the Nick Nolte Diary is not being written by Nick Nolte, which makes it slightly less fun to read. I should have guessed earlier that if it sounded too much like Nick Nolte it had to be aspiring screen writers. Get the full scoop from E! Online. Taia, thanks for the heads up on that one. If they continue to blog though, I think I'll keep reading. It's still pretty funny. Or I could leave those nerds high and dry and head on over to Jeff Bridges' site. They're doing some interesting stuff over there . . . apparently, they scan in his handwritten notes, which is kind of different.

So tonight while I waited for my supper to cook (I made bacon-wrapped chestnuts smothered in garlic butter and mozzarella -- Yummy! And great when you're doing Atkins, which I'm not . . . so, just a big old clogged artery in a bowl.) Anyway, I was sitting in the living room channel surfing when Mom drove in. Of course when Nick heard her car he jumped up and ran past my chair to bark in the window. I heard a thud. He skidded to a stop and half-turned to see what was up . . . and to both our horror, there was a turd lying on the floor. His belly hit the ground and he sneaked over into the corner where he threw himself down with a huge sigh. And I cleaned up the little mess. He's a long-haired beast (part sheep dog I think) so this kind of thing can happen every now and again, lingering bits caught in the hair come loose when he bounds or jumps. What's really funny is his reaction when it happens -- Oh the horror! He becomes so embarrassed he just goes and hides, sighing really loud, and looking around occasionally as if to say, "What are you looking at me for? Nothing going on over here." This I can laugh about -- solid, dry, good for making fun stuff . . . It's the times that he's been sick with the runs or constipation . . . yeah, those times, not so much fun.

Mood: perplexed
Drinking: water, straight up, no chaser, of the bottled variety, but not a name brand
Listening To: Big Balls, AC/DC
Hair: Let's not go there today, ok?

No comments: