Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Worker Bee Mode

What an insane time I'm having with work. We're in the process of changing to a new design. I had a new issue ready to go on the weekend but I held it back a little because Jen had a new column coming in. In the meantime Joy had started working on the design change, but she didn't get it done by the end of the weekend and then she was off this week. So, I've been unable to publish the new issue because some of the site had the new look and some didn't and I've been left having to make all the changes myself. The design part is so not my thing! It's just so friggin' tedious and takes forever on dial-up. Anyway, enough griping, I just thought I'd better pop in and let you guys know I haven't run away and joined the circus . . . Yet! :-)

Briefly, in other news, I spent a relaxing evening at Carol's house earlier this week. I collected some of Kaitlyn's art for an article I'm working on about her. And we watched a movie -- Freddy Vs. Jason, which was a lot of fun. I've always loved Freddy, he's got the best one-liners and with my nightmares he's always been the horror villain I could relate to the most.

The Grudge opens this weekend but I haven't found anyone to go with me to see it . . . which is probably just as well.

I've been reading Nick Nolte's Diary everyday and loving it. I can hear his voice in my head when I read the pieces, which are always really short and there's only one every day, so it's easy to read his stuff. I get a kick out of him.

I have learned that U2 are going on tour and coming to Canada next year. I immediately went to the Ticketmaster website and signed up for alerts. If they play anywhere in Ontario or points east, I'm going! I will not miss Bono!! I can't see them coming to Halifax though . . . so, I'll probably be Toronto bound and how exciting will that be! Maybe if I'm really nice and remember to send a Christmas card this year, Taia and Ian will let me crash on the couch for a night ;-)

Mood: stiff
Drinking: cold tea
Listening To: Don't It Make You Feel, The Headpins
Hair: Mom told me today that it looks like Andy Dick's . . . so, there you go

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Andy Dick?? What have you been doing to yourself over there?

Simply Kel said...

Well, I had my hair knotted loosely in the back, so all you could see from the front were my wild sides and apparently it looked a litte Andy Dick-ish . . . personally, I couldn't see it :-) Carol, we will definitely have another movie night soon. I had a great time!

Anonymous said...

absolute-ly.

- taia