Sunday, May 13, 2007

MindStorming (20 Ideas)

What can I do to reach my target weight within one year?

1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
2. Eat 1200-1550 calories everyday.
3. Go for a walk everyday.
4. Strength exercise at least three times per week.
5. Sleep 8 hours per night.
6. Meditate every day.
7. Listen to motivational messages every day.
8. Track my progress by weight and inches weekly.
9. Go dancing once a week.
10. Buy more fruit, green leafy vegetables, lean meats, and whole grains.
11. Take up a recreational sport like curling and/or tennis.
12. Buy a bicycle and use it to attend meetings/got to the office/run errands/go shopping in Douglastown and Chatham.
13. Join a gym.
14. Eat only Mango approved meals at restaurants.
15. Drink decaf coffee only.
16. Take classes like pilates, tai chi, and yoga.
17. Take the time to plan your week and follow the plan.
18. Eat all my meals at a table, sitting down.
19. Make a motivational dream board.
20. Listen to a get up and go song everyday.

It's tougher than it looks to come up with 20 responses! Ok, so you can use this exercise to help you reach any goal you want. Want more money, ask yourself What can I do to double my income within the next year? And then list 20 things you can do to make this happen. Want to find the love of your life, ask yourself, What can I do to meet more men? Or define it further, What can I do to meet a man aged 30-45, over 5'9 inches tall, gainfully employed, who doesn't have any children, doesn't want any children, loves wine, books and camping? Then list 20 things you can do. Once you have your list, pick one item off it and focus on doing it. When you've conquered that item, pick another and get it done, and so on and so on, until . . . BAM! I've reached my target weight! You've doubled your income! And we've all found the partners of our dreams!

How cool is that?! :-D

Happy Mother's Day! All you Mommies in blogland!

Mood: chip, chip, chip, chipper!
Drinking: water
Listening To: requiem, mozart
Hair: headbanded

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i find #9 funny. but that's just me.
decaf is poisonous, by the way...full of dry cleaning fluid.
t

Simply Kel said...

It would certainly be funny to behold :-) There are a few desperate to get to 20 things on here, lol, (it's hard!) and yeah, decaf's gotta be one of them. As if! :-D Tho I did once go a whole month without caffeine . . . really! I did!